Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 04:48 AM   #1
tullywork

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: New Jersey
THOR #18880
Battery Power issue

First off, thanks to all those that post regularly, we just bought our first RV four weeks ago, and I can't even begin to tell you how helpful the content on this forum has been - solved MANY issues (maybe too many to list) by just searching through the different posts. SO THANKS!

Party of 5 here (three young kids - four if you count the dog) picked up a 2015 Windsport 34J - already took it on our first 'trial run' trip up and down the east coast and learned a TON along the way (most of the issues were more my understanding of the RV vs. actual problems with it - but certainly a couple minor ones of those too).

I've seen similar postings to this latest issue, but it's got me stumped, so I'm hopeful someone can help, apologize in advance for any bad terminology or lingo.

Recently the house doesn't have any power (lights/etc) when we enter (it used to work fine - just stopped at the end of our trip), used to, but suddenly stopped, engine works fine and generator fires up and powers on the interior lights and everything else (now it does - had to replace the house batteries after learning about the 'emergency start' switch when the batteries were too low). The RV is in 'USE' (or at least I've pushed the button up that way numerous times trying to see if that's the issue). All the breakers that I can find don't appear tripped.

The house power (lights/etc) works fine on shore power and when the generator is running, the truck engine fires up right away as does the generator, when I check the batteries on the XM1000 shows the batteries they show >12v now when I enter the RV after a couple of days (previously it was showing ~7v)

I had issues with the auto leveler, which led me to discover the breakers near the batteries. I've looked under the bed at all the electronics and I don't see any breakers there.

The attached picture shows the three breakers that are in the basement compartment with the house batteries.

Today I discovered one of the wires, specifically attached to the rear most breaker (left most in the attached picture in the circle labeled #1) is not connected to anything. The interior lights weren't turning on when the batteries were registered around 7v before we got new batteries installed by a local mechanic, but I didn't notice the 'unconnected' wire then, today I noticed the wire wasn't attached to anything, and I'm not sure if it's the same issue or something different entirely. Not sure if it was never connected to anything or if the wire was missed by the mechanic (it was a shop that wasn't familiar with RVs or Marine batteries, but were willing to help me out).

I'll start to dig around to see if I can't figure out if that wire should be connected and how / to what....but appreciate any other ideas or help!

Thanks very much in advance! Looking forward to many RV adventures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV_fuses.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	24260  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum