Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
SJ-Chris

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #19191
Slide motor access/location? 2006 Four Winds 31p

I have a 2006 Four Winds Chateau 31p class C. It has a large slide on the driver side (slides out the couch and dinette).

Recently, the slide stopped extending and retracting. It seems like there are two motors (let's call them left and right side of the slide, looking from inside the coach) and one of them is no longer working.

Note: Coach batteries are good and fully charged, and the RV engine is running so the alternator is even providing additional charge to the batteries, so this has nothing to do with batteries.

Here are the symptoms... When I push the Extend button, the left side of the slide starts to extend but the right side does not move. The left side can extend about 3-4 inches before it can no longer make progress (...because the right side isn't moving). It does not appear that the right side is getting stuck as I can physically push it the 3-4 inches each time the left side moves out 3-4 inches. I'm GUESSING that there are two slide motors, one on the left of the slide and one on the right. Can anyone confirm that it is typical for this type/length of slide to have two motors?

It seems like the motor on the right simply is no longer working. I checked the fuses and the breakers in the converter box and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

It seems like in this model RV the motors are underneath the slide.

Here is my problem....I cannot seem to even locate or see the motors themselves. The undercarriage on this rig looks like a solid sheet. I don't see any motors or any access panels either. Inside the RV, the part that slides out is the couch and the dinette but if I look at those there is practically zero clearance for where the motors would be. It seems like the motors must be under the floor and above the solid undercarriage sheet.

Any idea how to access the slide motors in this 2006 Four Winds 31p Class C??

I tried extending the slide (...with some manual force help on the right side). I stopped with about 4-5 inches to go and I got out to look at the slide and try to look under the slide to see if I could see anything. I could see the track on the left and right side (the gear track??) but I could not see any motor and the clearance underneath the slide seems like less than half an inch (meaning no access to the motors from there).

Any thoughts how to get at the slide motors in this??

Thanks all!
Chris

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.