Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 10:39 PM   #1
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
12V electrical problem

My motorhome is SOB (2019 Newmar Bay Star Sport) but I’m hoping the wonderful folks here can offer me some generic direction to assist me In diagnosing my issue.

My 12V coach power occasionally just disconnects with no apparent pattern. My house batteries are new, clean, full and test at 12.7 volts at the posts. When it disconnects it shows 0.0V on my hardwired, dash mounted voltmeter. This can happen whether I’m on shore power or not. Today it happened when I was doing my monthly generator exercise and, when the 12V disconnected it turned the generator off as well. I tried the emergency battery start switch to connect to the house battery to the chassis battery but apparently that doesn’t work if one of the batteries is showing zero volts so my problem is upstream of that relay. The only possibly useful clue is that when I started the engine the house system came back on line at 14.1V on the alternator. I turned off the ignition after a few minutes and the house Voltage was 13.1. I suspect I’ve got a bad relay somewhere but I could use some collective wisdom here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.