Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 10:22 PM   #4
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusjay View Post
Last night 20 miles out of Ridgecrest Ca on 395N. Running at night to beat the heat and traffic. The wind started to gust around 40mph so I slow down to 40-45 hoping to make the last 9 miles to the rest stop. Just when I could see the rest stops lights up a head. A strong gust must of hit just right and billow the slide topper breaking the rear arm and tearing the awning at the front about 4 ft.. Limped into the rest stop. This morning I removed the topper and put in on top of my Jeep. Hell of the way to start a trip!
Amazon sells the replacement brackets much more cheaply than COC. When you get it fixed, make sure to reset the gust locks. It seems that most coaches assembled plant 750 need the gust locks reset at about 3 years. I proof tested the big topper repair the spring near Lake Whitney when a thunderstorm's frontal gust hit us when we were traveling 60 mph. The Waco AP reported 88 mph gust. Both toppers made it through, unscathed.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.