Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #31
twovillagers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #17456
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewsome View Post
Hello everyone. Last Friday I took delivery of my first RV. It's 2019 Thor Ace 30.3. It has 16,000 miles on it but seems to be in decent condition. I've spent the last weeks preparing the RV for a trip. I had a pretty long list of things I *thought* I really needed, like dishes, silverware, towels and soap. Now that I actually have the RV, the list has grown quite a bit.

It's actually pretty astounding, how many things are on the list. I even got a little portable BBQ that I can connect to the camp side LP connection. The only real modification I've made is to install an inverter so I can get 110 power strictly on battery, which worked out pretty nicely. The last thing I feel like I really need is a bike rack that can plug into the hitch so I can take my bikes along.

I've been following the forums for about a month but wanted to wait until I actually had my RV before I said hi. You folks seem really nice and helpful. Hopefully the hive mind of the collective here can help me with tips and tricks along the way.

There's one EPIC thread on here called "Jerry's Hurricane mods". That thing is a beast. I've been reading through it but still haven't read all the posts. It seems like a thread that will live on forever.

Anyway, that's my hello. Nice to meet you all. If you happen to have a Thor Ace, especially the 30.3, feel free to post any "must know" information for me here. Thanks in advance!
Congratulaions on your new purchase!

We have had our new Thor Vegas for 8 months and have had no mechanical issues, but the usual list of small issues with cabinets, etc. Nothing that stopped our enjoyment.

I would definitely suggest installing the Lippert One Control app on your phone (if that's the system you have). I've also found a total of 20 feet of sewer hose to be very important on several trips. I also installed a Valterra sewer hose holder under the coach. Extra water hose is also important. I have an extra electrical cord, but have not needed it-yet. Also suggest adapters so you can plug into 50 amp and 20 amp (for home).

We have also found a small electric heater to be important for cold mornings as the propane furnace uses a lot of fuel and is really not necessary most of the time.

Finally, I carry a good assortment of hand tools, screws, silicone spray, bug remover, etc. Also carry a cordless light and drill with bits. I've found a foam kneeling pad to be handy on gravel camp sites. A good water filter improves the taste of campground water and I carry several gallons of spring water for making coffee.

That's probably enough of a list for now!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.