Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #20
Bill in Redlands

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: California
THOR #18202
Last year, I installed two Battleborn lithium batteries in the tray below the step in our 2016 Axis 24.2. They fit ok, taller and wider but no real issue. Tighter area to make connections but doable.

I made the decision after visiting with a friend that put one in his motorhome. I don’t have a lot of experience with them yet. I recently installed 400 watts of solar on the roof and believe it will go a long way toward keeping them charged. Planning a road trip to see if I am right.

I had been using a 120 watt suitcase type panel that did a good job charging them.

I also purchased a lithium capable battery minder to keep them charged while the Axis is stored.

Yes, I spent a lot of money – perhaps more than necessary – but I was influenced by the expected long life of the batteries.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.