Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Hitch pondering
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
zagato1750

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oklahoma
THOR #14848
Hitch pondering

Hello experts.....here to pick your collective brains [emoji3447]!

We have been FT in a 2017 Tradition for a year now in prep for retirement. Initially I had no truck when I purchased the trailer and had it moved to the park close to my work. Just bought my truck ‘20 Ram 3500 DRW 8ft bed. I haven’t purchased a hitch or bed cover yet.....hence the questions.

I am fairly sure I’m going to get the Pace Edwards Bedlocker cover. I have initially been leaning towards the Trailersaver Hitch....not sure which exact model yet...or the Airsafe hitch. The truck has the puck system....so I’ve also considered a much less expensive Curt/B&W/Reese etc that will pop right in...kind of hard to ignore the savings in cost and ease of installation.

So here’s my concerns.....if I pick one of the two air cushioned hitches...obviously with an adapter for the puck mount will the bed cover still clear the hitch? Does anyone have first hand experience with this? Having sold our sticks/bricks over a year ago, I will have nowhere to really store the hitch so it will be in the truck all the time.
I assume the ready for puck hitches don’t sit as high...maybe I’m wrong...not sure. But if they do, obviously they’d be more likely to not interfere with the bed cover....but that brings into question if I need that extra height to clear the bed rails.......

I’m hoping the collective wisdom here can help me make these relatively expensive decisions with some guidance..

Thanks!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.