Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Hitch pondering
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
The odds of someone here having the same truck, same hitch options or same bed cover are slight.
I will say we fulltimed for 10+ years with the last 6 using the B&W companion hitch. It worked great, had plenty of adjustments to get to the perfect setup, fairly easily removed, & hitchable/unhitchable at most any angle.
I don't have any experience with any of the cushioned hitches as my 5er had the hitch with the shock/airbag, TrailAir Flex Air, that also worked well once the perfect air pressure was figured out.
As for always being in the bed it's heavy enough that no one is going to easily carry it off out of your truck like one of those pyramid lightweight aluminum hitches if that's a concern.
The bed cover, if it sits below inside the bed rails it will affect the turning radius by making the bed rails more narrow so watch for that. If it sits on the bed rails the clearance for the fifth wheel will be affected by a couple inches which in turn could affect getting the 5er to hook up level & still have proper clearance.
Good luck & enjoy your full-time experience!
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum