Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Gas Mileage
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #11
galOnTheGo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
nothing different that trip as far as the drive. went to Shenandoah, skyline drive, around town some, thus it was up hill, down hill, rather slow through there, and 60mph on route, so it was all about the same for drive. as far as what gas, I get Costco or Sams when I can as the price is usually the best there, just gas.

as for tire pressure, I have monitors, thus always in good condition. two things I insist on, a good surge protector, and tire monitor system. I was chatting with someone at their site, looked at their tires and thought the rear looked low, offered to check it for them. turns out it was at 10psi, outside rear dually. I took it off and found a screw in it, took it to get it fixed, put back on and a happy and safe camper. if I hadnt noticed, that would have been trouble, they were unaware. You have to have tire monitors, imho. additionally, I was having a slow leak in my rear dually two months ago, inside, and found the valve extender was leaking. after 4 years it was worn out, time for a new one. sorry to wonder off topic, but tire pressure is very important, imho.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.