Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Wineguard 2.0
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 09:03 PM   #7
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Wineguard 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The Winegard Connect 2 4G LTE does not have HD TV capability. If you have the Connect 2 4G LTE your HD TV is coming from a separate antenna because there is not one in the Connect 2.

The connect 2 has 3 High gain WiFi antennas and 2 High gain 4G LTE antennas. That is what is shown in MacDaddy's attached pic.

Winegard makes an Air 360 HDTV antenna which looks like the Connect 2's dome but they are not the same.

My ConnecT 2.0 that came standard from Thor has an coax cable running right into the unit. I have to assume it is for Over-the-Air TV because there is no other antenna on the roof.

A few weeks ago I was putting Eternabond tape on every seam, joint and mount. There were two cables coming out of the roof going into the dome as I recall.... one was the power cord and one sure looked like Coax.

I have nothing else on the roof other than the A/C units, vents and solar. I can’t imagine where else the TV’s would get signal.

Maybe Thor has a special model from Winegard that combines the WiFi, 4G and HDTV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum