Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 10:29 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choxnpinz View Post
Pulling in the slide today, I heard a BANG. Go outside to see the slide topper stop leg facing the wrong way. We had rain last night, and the topper was full of water, but I’d never heard of this happening. Suggestions?
Yes it is a common problem on big slides. Improperly installed slide topper gust locks can cause the topper to unfurl while traveling. Both of the suitations bend the support arms or in my case destroy the arms. Best to go to amazon and buy the replacements. If you don't feel confident installing them, a mobile tech will do it for you. The parts are also available directly from Carefree of Colorado but are quite a bit more expensive than Amazon.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum