Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 08:45 PM   #11
Golfbum18

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I hate asking this, but;
There are so many threads about levelers and some of those posters take on religious or economic or logistic tacks and I can't follow the facts.
It's hard to follow the manufacturers websites, bouncing around trying to find something about height and if it folds up inside the Ford frame.
No one seems to like the all electrics, but I find no real reason other than failures which seem to be on par with hydraulic failures.

I don't care where I travel to for installation.
I have the capability and a place to install, but an adventure trip is an adventure trip and I'd rather pay the installation charge than do a mundane hateful job.
I don't need (though would appreciate) a coupon or sale or military discount.
I want the automatic top of the line. I might not use the autolevel. I'll buy it anyway.
Cost within reason is perfectly reasonable.
I want them(and this is the reason to mention my 4 inch lift)to lift a wheel off the ground at my option.

Here's what I need :
My axis is four wheel drive with a 4 inch lift.
I want folding legs if possible because it would be silly to negate my lift by having leveler legs dangling.

Tell me your dream system for a four inch lifted E450.

I don't have the skill or patience to search their websites and I don't want to bother builders over the phone.

Of course once you all group grope this to eliminate some options I'll call and verify and set an appointment for install.

Thanks in advance.
Just too many systems to choose from and everyone has a reason for their choice.
Please help me find a reason for my choice.
If you have followed the forum for any time, a good percentage of questions/;problems are for levelers. It's nice to have the auto thing when you pull in and ready to pull out but you might want to consider manual jacks....I wouldn't have a problem with a drill and running the 4 jacks up adn down for the peace of mind of not worrying about what's going on with auto levelers and all the problems (ie expensive fixes) for them when they error or fail. IMHO. And like anything else....auto levelers are great....when they're working. Bells and whistles is the sound of money flying out of your wallet.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.