Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 03:29 PM   #6
Hugh.vines@att.net

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
I’ve got a scheduled trip to Phoenix next week (110 degrees, but it’s a dry heat...hahaha. Just like an oven)

So I went to Harbor Freight and purchased the black screen tarp material.

An 8’x10’ folded in half to make 8’ wide across the front and 5’ long...will provide double the shade and still allow you to look out.

It’s $22 minus the 20% HF Coupon.

Next is the tricky part. How to adhere/fasten along the top.

If you use magnets, they need to be powerful enough to hold. So my research suggests that they run about $30 a piece.

You would need 8 magnets minimum (that is 4 across on inside mounted permanently and 4 sewn into the mesh material).

For this trip, I will probably use 3M plastic hooks along the top outside

The bottom can lay under the wiper blades.

With a little creativity, and all of the Vegas/Axis owners...this could turn into a small business opportunity.

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-ft-x...arp-60577.html

How are you going to attach the plastic hooks. I have earth magnets that are very strong reflecting is very light. But I like your idea better. How are you going to place the material on the hooks carry a ladder

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum