Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 04:01 AM   #25
Pandamonium

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Texas
THOR #16368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I have a 2020 Magnitude SV34 we bought in October (yours is as well but the Ford chassis is a 2019). The 2020 model year was the first for the Magnitude and Omni Super C.

Let me try to answer / address your questions and issues

1. Hot Water - I would say you have a flow issue at the kitchen sink. Pressure and flow is key for the tankless water heater to work properly. I have had two coaches with it now and we live endless hot water. You need to have ~50 psi of water pressure coming into the coach (and your fresh water tank pump should deliver this as well). If you are not suing a pressure regulator for your city water, get one one Amazon. You also should only turn on hot water and do not mix cold when you want hot water..... especially to shower. That is what they meant by set the temperature to your desired temp.

I have had issues in two coaches now with construction debris in the water lines that restricted water flow. It can be small or large. Small pieces will accumulate at the faucet strainer / flow restrictor. You should remove it and make sure it is clean of any debris. I would also try the hot water to see if it works with the strainer / flow restrictor removed from the kitchen faucet.

If that does not do the trick, then you may want to remove the strainers on all the faucets and crank up the pressure to try and get the flow moving to push any debris out of your water lines. But only do one faucet at a time for max water flow.

You should also check the water filter that is under the bed as well as the fresh water tank pump strainer for debris as well.

If that does not solve the problem, I would pull out your garbage can and look under the sink to make sure there isn’t a kinked water line or leaking fitting.

2. Privacy Curtain - We never use them. We purchase the WeatherTech custom cab windshield and window coverings. They block out all light at night and block out all the suns heat during the day.

Our coach also has round black Velcro screws into the cab-over area to mount the stock curtain.

3. Fresh Water Drain - You fill the fresh water tank from the outside of the coach (passenger side upper rear area is where the cap and opening is located to fill the water tank). In order to drain the fresh water tank, you need to take the bed apart to get to the drain valve. We drain the fresh water tank after every trip so this was a hassle. I added an external drain valve so I only needed to take apart the bed when it is time to winterize.

Someone else on here installed an electric valve and a switch under the bed to drain the fresh water tank.

4. Sofa - We knew from past experience that the jack knife sofas are uncomfortable. We negotiated having the dealer replace the sofa with the optional theater seats when we bought our coach.

I installed RecPro Recliners in our last coach to replace the sofa. They were great. The Thor Theater Seats are better than the jack knife sofa but not as comfortable as the RecPro recliners..... but having them included in our deal was better than paying another $1000 for a set of RecPro’s.
Thank you, Judge!

We have a friend who is much more RV savvy we should be with over the 4th weekend and I will attempt to put him through the paces you and others have described here – thank you SO MUCH! Not sure why nobody from CW would have suggested or actually DONE any of this. If all else fails, we have provided our final no nonsense “fix it or else” list and are headed back for a final visit to CW on July 6 and I will ask them to do these things. Problem is, I believe I remember in the beginning of time, the water heater kicking on when using the water pump using the fresh water tank, but, even though we insisted they test this with “shore water”, I seriously doubt they ever have. More to follow on this – my fingers are so crossed!!

Regarding the WeatherTech cover, could you provide the model # – if anyone else knows and has used it successfully on their Ford F-550 chassis – please post. EDITED - We were actually looking for something similar to the ADCO one we had for our Mercedes chassis, diesel Thor Chateau, but ADCO said they don't make one for the F-550 chassis. :-(

We truly appreciate everyone’s comments and assistance here!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum