Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #16
Metalman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
If your going to use it for your RV, I believe you have to isolate your batteries from you RV circuit, by either disconnecting them or an Isolation switch. Doing that, the BatteryMinder should work great. The problem arises that anything inside your RV that works concurrently with your batteries will not work... lights, fans, ect. So my question back would be, if your going to use this on your RVs batteies... WHY? Please tell us more of your intentions.
I don't believe anyone responded to your question. My thought is that some RV chargers are not as "smart" as others and can continuously charge the batteries, causing them to eventually boil dry. This is a normal occurrence when a battery is charged. I think that maintainers can also cause a battery or batteries to eventually loose water, but not nearly as at high a rate as a battery charger. I have used maintainers on RV batteries while still connected with no ill effects. However I make sure the "Use" switch in set to storage.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.