Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 10:39 PM   #9
Delco Bobby

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
First of all: The 2016 Axis (and Vegas) models are now built on an E450 chassis--ask the dealer if the unit you are interested in is an E450--it probably is.

The Axis/Vegas suffers the same internet impression that you get with any unit: Only people with issues post; the happy people are out camping, not posting here.

Overall they are pretty good units; there are many happy owners here (some that have had to do a bunch of "owner warranty" and some, like myself, have had to do very little "owner warranty"--"owner warranty" = fix stuff yourself).

I think I'd rank them as having a bit higher quality than your average Thor unit (not a very high bar to clear though).

Power: You can't beat the V-10 for power. Consider that its the same V-10 that is in all the larger F-53 based campers. Plenty of pep and power for just about anything that you want to do with it--that does come with a thirst, though. Expect between 8-10 mpg depending on speed, load, towing, etc.

Its an E-Series chassis: go take a ride in one of those E-350/E-450 based airport shuttles..it rides the same. There are many posts on here about people adding various suspension modifications to assist. Personally I'm pretty happy with the way it rides. One thing though: Get an alignment after you've loaded it up with your stuff.

Braking: second to none. We've had to stomp on the brakes a few times--I swear it stops shorter than our Focus (which also has excellent brakes).

Having said all that: We are very happy with our Axis.
thanks. i checked because at first the salesman said it was a 450 but he doubled checked and said it is a 350.

I feel more positive about it now.

Since the outside temperature is below freezing at night here I started wondering how "chilly" these units are with all of the glass around the cockpit. And how hot in the summer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum