Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Satellite TV
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 12:42 AM   #7
TomAndLindaRogers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Minnesota
THOR #7948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector57 View Post
What is best way to hook Dish Playmaker up to watch same thing on all TV's? Cable connection on exterior does not work with dish. Had to run cable through window to receiver. That is not good.
I believe your Freedom Traveler is Camping World’s version of the Hurricane 27 or 29M. We have a Hurricane 29M, and I added the Dish Playmaker to it. I did it by adding a pass through jack under the outside TV. I ran the cable inside the storage compartment and up into the dinette seat. From there up the bathroom wall following the path that the TV’s HDMI cable uses to get to the cabinets over the dinette where the DVD is located. I installed the dish receiver in that cabinet. There should be a 120V outlet there for power for the receiver. I believe the only things that will use HDMI cables in your coach are your DVD player and your Dish TV receiver. They will run through a switch/splitter which you should have. I can’t remember if it is a 2 input by 3 output or not, but that’s what you need. This switch/splinter sends the HDMI signals out to all of your TVs. And of course it’s already wired into your coach. If you only have a 1x3 splitter you will have to unplug the DVD player and plug in your Dish receiver to get a HDMI signal out to each TV. If you don’t want that hassle you will need to buy at least a 2x3 switch/splitter. We bought a 4x4 from Amazon. I know, we have too many electronic gadgets.

One more thing. All of the TVs have both coax and HDMI cables running to them. Dish TV and your DVD player uses the HDMI and over the air and cable TV uses the coax cable. I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	24503  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.