Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 01:52 PM   #14
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
admittedly, this post may sound like a brag, but I'm really just showing a 'real world' situation to make a proof that sometimes what we 'hear' around the campfire, or from others who 'seem' to know about electricity, or the incorrect assumptions by some that certain things 'aren't possible' and shouldn't even be 'attempted'. Every situation can be different.

in the end, it's POSSIBLE, not 'impossible'.
I am newbie ( 8 months as actual owner); but I can confirm all that I have read thus far to be true in my experience. We have 50 amp service & two 13.5ks.

I carry at all time 2 dogbones, 20 to 50 amps, and 30 to 50 amps. For good measures I also have the 50 amp surge guard that I always insert in between.

So far; the way we use our RV; I will say when I have electricity available it is about 1/3 time 15-20 amps, 1/3 time 30 amps, and 1/3 times 50 amp. I have never tripped a breaker except when I tried to run both ACs on my 30 amp 3500 watt Sinemate portable generator. Not sure why I did that test; but may have been related to neutral ground I had made, but I digress

My power management systems knows if shore power is NOT 50 amps and assumes 30 amps; unless I specifically push button a pad button to tell it that it is 20amp. The PMS will manage the loads, or at al least assist me to NOT run the 2nd AC unless I just want to.

But I agree with what the OP is stating. In fact, I can take it further, because of my actual experience of what I may or may not do on 15/20 amps service is pretty much the same as what I can do on 30 amps.

Also... I could always switch my fridge to propane if I wanted to, but thus far it has not been an issue. Another thing I could do is turn inverter on to power the TVs, outside fridge, and some inside receptacles to relieve some load off the 15/20 amp breaker. Our AC vents are ducted; so we close off the ducts in the back to force all of the air in the front regardless of which unit is own.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum