Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus2king View Post
Hi Judge,

I’m pulling our 2018 Wrangler JK with a BO bar, plate, and the RVI3. Easy install every time and works great for the 3 trips I’ve been on so far. The pad up front lets you know when the toad brake activates but isn’t necessary for the unit to work.

When you check out their website it will tell you that you need a bracket to mount behind the unit (they provide free) because the seat hump is too short. What you don’t find out until you receive it is that they instruct you to mount it on the hump and position the unit at an angle (that’s for the JK, you didn’t mention if that’s you or you have the JL).

I was uncomfortable with that arrangement and the hump seemed big enough after testing it out so I am running it without a bracket. In talking with their rep, he said the strongest the cylinder will deploy/activate is when you set it up, the 3 cycle action. I saw no upward movement of the unit after doing this a couple of times so no bracket for me. The rep said they recommend it because of limited space for the unit, but my JK has enough and the brake pedal is fully released when the unit is not active.

Good luck and stay well.
Thanks for all the info!

My 2018 Wrangler is the JL and I saw they include a plate for it. I like that it does not push on the seat. I am hoping I don't have to mount the bracket like you did but we'll see how it works out.

After seeing this video comparing their air cylinder vs. electric mechanism, I have decided on the RVi3 (although the Demco Delta Force is a close second but I have Weathertech-like mats and I don't think the Demco mount would work with them).

I am hoping they have their 10% off sale this week for 4th of July. If they do, I will be pulling the trigger.

I installed a Roadmaster Direct Connect Baseplate with the Roadmaster Nighthawk tow bar. I have the light wiring all hooked up now so I only need to get the braking system and install the emergency break away.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum