Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 06:39 PM   #1
JT19007

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #11393
Need advice re: changing leaking tank sensors

Hello all and thanks for your kind advice in the past.

My holding tank in my 29fe leaks at least from one of the sensors. They’re the screw-type (pictured). My initial plan was to back out the screw and replace it with a new screw and appropriately sized rubber washer. Unfortunately the leads are rusted to the screw. A little squirt of WD-40 only served to loosen the sensor shaft in the tank wall and not the rusted pieces. Figures!

I think my next step is to try replacing all four sensors with the RecPro screw in sensors. They appear to be the same diameter (or slightly larger) than the existing holes so it should work. Link below.

https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Screw-...3368932&sr=8-4

My question is how do I get the old sensors out of the tank without damaging it or enlarging the existing holes? Also if there are other potential difficulties I’d appreciate any guidance.

Thanks as always.

JT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A590AAA0-D357-45D4-9F65-68DCC60B0C41.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	24534  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum