Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 03:22 PM   #30
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Interesting thoughts on the camping thing. My first camping was on the Smoky River with grandpa at cow camp near Elkader KS. That was true camping and when you checked your boots for rattle snakes before tugging on them.

We evolved over the years from a cattle trailer to small campers for week end stints and had many friends using tents for many years doing it their way.

I think the big difference for us was the amount of time spent and the style we wanted for the longer trips. A weekend was OK with the tent and small campers but for extended stays and trips the bigger and better rigs came into play.

Starting in the early 60's camping on our own and camping with Grandpa back in the 50's with Kerosene lanterns and camp fires for cooking we had done it all and enjoyed every bit of it.

Glamping now perhaps but have fond memories of the folks TurnerFam noted.

I do think it is interesting how we might do the same thing in the back yard we do down the road a few hundred or thousand miles but it is the journey and feeling of freedom I believe that makes it special no matter what you travel or camp in.

We have more money in the back yard patio and equipment than we did in the first several campers combined but still like to get away and get on the open road.

Lets hope this tradition continues without any restrictions other than those that are self imposed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum