Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #1
woody

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Winnebago Navion
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2698
Notes from the field

Howdy all. We got back from a month long trip to FL a few weeks ago. This was our first long trip since purchasing our Ace 30.1. Overall the trip went well. Driving the RV was a lot of fun and you definitely feel like you're king of the road. The one issue we did have was on our return trip home when we stayed overnight in VA and PA. On those nights the temps went below freezing resulting in issues with our propane which caused the furnace to shut off in the middle of the night. Thank God the wife packed an electric blanket. The stove did not work either until the temps climbed above freezing the next morning. From what I read in our manual the problem is caused by moisture in the propane freezing and clogging the regulator. I am curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this issue and what steps they took to address it other than adding an antifreeze such as hydrous methanol. Other than this issue for which I do not blame Thor, the unit performed flawlessly. We had a great trip and stayed at some nice campsites.
2022 Winnebago Navion
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.