Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 02:40 AM   #33
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
sounds like a plan....now, how would your batteries then get charged?
You asking me that question is the equivalent of me just successfully telling Peyton Manning what type of cover 2 defense the other team is running, and then he says now what is my first read if we are in trips right I think I know, but then a sucker is born every minute

I will tell you what I think anyway...

The way I see it is the circuit feeding 120vac to the Magnum xFer Switch is on different breaker than the one feeding 120vac to the Converter. So when I am connected to the 15amp shorepower, both are hot. When Converter is hot and RV Coach is in Use mode the Charging is on. It automatically controls the amperage to the batteries based on calculated voltage of House and Chassis batteries. At the same time since the circuit feeding Inverter is Hot too, it will stop the flow of current from the battery side of the Magnum xFer switch and send current needed to all the downstream devices on Inverter circuit.

The fact that I am pulling some load direct off the battery via the single available AC receptacle on the Magnum Inverter CSW 1012 is independent of whether the charger is on. If Charger is off, I will eventually drain the battery down. But if on, I do not believe the Magnum CSW 1012 Inverter will allow me to draw more than 8.3 amps. I would think (don't know for sure) that my converter could supply up to 8 amps? Oh oh, I think I may know what you may be getting at Let's say that my TV and Fridge is drawing 6 amps, my charger might pull at least 6 amps to try to keep the batteries charged... if so when combined with my AC; it may exceed the 15 amps and trip that breaker!!!! Now I am with no AC in very hot temps. Oh man!!! if I am right you making me shoot myself in the foot
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.