Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 03:02 PM   #7
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
OK folks... got this figured out...obvious , the controller.... 10a... pretty much worthless...I garage keep my rv so to use it as a trickle charger won't work for me...that and you would never get enough benefit with a 100 watt solar panel to do anything..but… here's where you can go wrong quick....these controllers only work with 12v solar panels...my 300 watt is 24 volts... so there's the problem...I need a new controller... which I knew as soon as I seen it was 10 amp.. for me... we boon dock or use camp shore power...when boon docking you have all day to recapture the AH you lost threw the night, watching tv and such..the goal is to not run the gen as much..when it's hot out,.. the only way is to run the gen for the ac.... but winter, you run the heater off batterys...we'll see...I might have to add more storage battery to make it work,

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum