Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 05:19 PM   #1
powerboatr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
had a mini split 24000 btu ac installed

we decided the bus "hangar" needed a/c because the exhaust fan drawing in 90 plus degree air, just made it to hot and dusty. so i had a samsung 24,000 btu a/c heatpump unit installed.

yesterday when they started, it was 90 in the hangar, and the front garage door was open, humidity was off the charts sticky 92 F with heat index at 102
once they had it running and testing out the temps started dropping fast to 80 with the garage door open, a few hours later with the room empty and all doors closed it got down to 77, and by 7 am this morning it was at 69F, so i opened up the 12foor wide 13 foot high door and brought the bus back in, temps shot up to 79 from the engine exhaust and heat, its down now after 3 hrs to 75-77, temps are fluctuating a bit and i am playing with the ceiling fans to see which ones or what direction has the best effect on overall temps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ac install (11).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	24564   Click image for larger version

Name:	ac install (14).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	24565  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ac install (17).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	24566  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum