Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 06:42 PM   #8
powerboatr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Thats for the post Powerboatr, I have a mini split on my Dream Garage as well. Tell us more about the size of your Hanger? L x W x H. Looks like its insulated some as well? Is the building in full sun? Half sun etc.

Thanks.
Bob, pics kill me, they show up correct on the laptop, but then do the angle of the dangle on line . i need a disclaimer to hold screen at 90 angle for correct orientation

as far as the hangar, 26 x46ish by 14 at low point. r26 in ceiling with a 6" air space, ( getting that blown in by fall), walls are a hybrid foil closed cell foam material rated at r19, and yes its pretty darn close. doors are special built R19 rated doors with heavy air seals n all the seams and close points,

https://www.insulation4less.com/default.aspx

it stays pretty cool once its cooled down, but that ISC was HOT when i pulled her in this morning. i had to guide her myself up until the last few feet so i had a few adjustments in and out to get her on the spot, which led to big door being open longer than normal i have temp set at 75, and its reading 76 now so it should start throttling back on a/c .

ac is a samsung 24,000 btu with boost up to 27,500 is btu. .
its very compact but has lots of air flow and velocity. i still have to re-plumb the drain out side to flow to the water collection tank we use for the plants , ac guys could not do it becasue of some plumbing code, so they left me an easy fix when they ran the drain it was only 3k all in and installed. same folks that put one in the "big" house a few years ago, local guy.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.