Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 05:16 AM   #49
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
I have a 2014 Hurricane 27k, and have tested the yellow and red power wires in various switch positions. Yellow is hot when store is selected. You are correct in the re power scenario, that seems to be a common issue, but ASA claims display issue, maybe when power goes out display circuit has a bad connection so a restart misses, ie, hot all the time keeps a minimal connection alive. just guessing. metal expands when hot, so when goes cold the connection dies. or some element within the display board has the same sort of problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
In my case (2014 Hurricane) - while there are two power leads - they are both powered by the coach batteries and disconnected with the use/store switch... It has never retained clock/settings between uses. (and likely preferred this way as there is no chassis disconnect switch on this unit for long term storage)
The impression I got from the tech at ASA was that it is related to 're-powering' the unit... Trigger certainly has seemed to be the use/store switch.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum