Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 09:18 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28 View Post
I have an o an generator 4000 in my 2018 ACE. This past weekend after running the A/C for anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours the generator would shut off, however it would always restart immediately. I found that it appeared that the generator was at times going under a load making the generator shut off. If I was able to catch the generator before it stalled and turned the A/C off I could keep the generator running. The unit cools well as long as it keeps running. I will say the outside temp was in the low 90 degree range. The generator was service by CW this past March with new fuel and air filters. But what’s got me stumped is that when it shuts off it will always restart immediately. Thanks in advance for any help
Sounds like the A/C is cycling in hot weather and not pausing long enough for the A/C pressure to bleed down (4 to 6 minutes). A/C compressors have a stalled current rating of about 45 amps. This will certainly stall the 4000 which has a max output of 33 amps.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.