Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 10:09 PM   #19
papasteve

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #19435
Mattress

If you still have this Motorhome can you tell me if the Denver mattress was able to fold with the back slide or just a regular mattress that would fold? We are wanting to replace a very big and bulky mattress we have and do not like the fold, mattress currently uneven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdog View Post
Our Axis 25.2 now has 3700 miles, has been in 5 states and spent 1 1/2 months at Camping World for warranty work. None kept the Axis from being used but needed to be done.

Warranty repairs - Floor laminate bubbled up. Repaired.
Drawer latch quit working - repaired.
Tank sensors would only read empty or full. They would read full after first use. Repaired after many discussions between camping world and Thor, according to Camping World.
Entry door latch coming loose from frame. Would not stay tight. CW said they lined it up and fixed it; came loose after a couple days. Put blue loctite on screws myself, no more problems.

The bed. Goodness gracious, the BED! I love the Denver mattress! That sucker is as firm and comfortable as can be. I look forward to sleeping on it every trip.
The couch. Oh my. I can lay down on it stretched out. I'm now 5'11" Age has an advantage after all. Used to be taller! Ha! Comfy.
We threw away the useless drop down bed mattress in the front and replaced it with memory foam and put the original mattress cover on it. Much better.
Bought a cd player for $30 at WalMart.
We use the table in front of couch on occasion, mostly for hobby work. The front table between the captain chairs is our go to dinner table. Wonderful.
No carpet except a little in the bedroom - wonderful!
Still haven't learned about the microwave convection settings, but plenty of time for that.
Gas mileage - depends on where I'm driving and how fast. Max speed usually is 60. Honda says not faster than 65 for our CR-V Towing our CR-V we get anywhere from 7mpg to 9mpg. Best ever was one tank 9.4mpg. Probably inaccurate. I quit checking it. It's reliable, capable and much quieter than the v-10 in our previous rv, a class c. We carry on conversation without raising our voices. Not possible in our old class c.
I did miss having a ladder to get on the roof for about 5 minutes. I have no reason to want to be on a roof. It's a long way down. Hire someone. I do have a telescopic ladder stored in the front compartment ledge over the two side doors. Perfect fit, hope I never need to use it.
We venture out once a month for 5-7 day short trips, often to the National Seashore in Mississippi, and hope to do the reverse snowbird thing and escape Florida's heat and humidity this August. Some cool nights would be nice without having to use A/C. Maybe Canada or Wyoming or Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Haven't decided yet. Good times!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.