Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 05:10 PM   #1859
Topsy57

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by twovillagers View Post
He is correct about the piece of wood in the way. I had a flexible shaft on my cordless drill with a Philips bit in it. I went around the wood at about a 90 degree angle and, even then, I had to push a little on the wood for screwdriver bit to clear. It all works with a little persistence!

The shaft is available at any hardware or home improvement store and is not expensive. I put the screw back in whan I was finished, but I don't believe it was really necessary.

If you decide to go ahead, there is also metal around the engine that I also insulated with self-stick foil faced, sound deadening, heat reflective insulation-many brands available on Amazon. I used Thermo-Tec 14620. Many on the forum have used Dynamat or FatMat. I also sprayed on 3M 77 adhesive for some extra sticking quality.

I feel there was an incremental improvement in both heat and noise. In hindsight, I might have used two layers on the doghouse, and still might do that. It's worth doing-just don't expect it to be as quiet as your car!

Hubby says tyty

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.