Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 05:22 PM   #1
Islandsmith

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Washington
THOR #14595
Whirlpool Fridge Door

We arrived in Wintrop, WA on Friday for a nice five day outing. Upon opening the fridge the contents of the middle door shelf came tumbling out. Inspection showed the small plastic nib on the door that holds the shelf had broken right off. The design of this door is pretty crappy, it doesn't look very strong but the shelf is the perfect size for juice, milk, etc.

Has anyone experienced this? The plastic is simply molded into the inner door panel - the bit sticking out is the insulating foam from inside the door. I'm going to try to glue it back in but don't hold out a lot of hope that it'll be a long term solution.

I went on the Whirlpool site and the cost of a new door is around $750. This model is WRT111SFDM03 and it appears I can get something similar for around $500.

So...any recommendations on fixing this or replacing the fridge with a similar model?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum