Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 06:52 PM   #19
Tbramlett

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31s
State: California
THOR #4758
Have the Hurricane 31s, same as Windsport - Had the same problem. There is an issue with the draining of the batteries even in the STORE state. I chance the batteries 3 times in 3 years. I figured out that the converter was not putting out enough voltage 12.4vdc. It should have been enough to maintain the batteries but wasn’t. So after quelling my frustrations I added a second inverter (Powermax 110 Volt to 12 Volt DC Power Supply Converter Charger for Rv) Pm3-55 (55 Amp) amazon $123.00 ) under the sink next to the water pump. I tapped constant power from the (Shore power hot) power plug and them #8 cables to the batteries. And got 13.1 to 13.7vdc charging as needed. Floating voltage is now 13.1vdc all the time instead of 12.1vdc – 12.4vdc or less. Fixed the problem.. I think the problem is the installed converter is nit truly 55A and it is too far from the batteries. There is a drain I can’t find. (too much time to find) Disclaimer - I do have shore power connected all the time. I keep my Hurricane next to my house. Good luck. Tom

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.