Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 10:03 PM   #21
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniebtravel View Post
Hi Bob, I'm happy to be here I'm a new RV'r in a 30 foot Thor Four Winds. I bought it from a place that's far away from me and nobody ever seems to have the answer to my questions. I have read a lot but sent can't seem to find the answer.
Can I put a couple to you?
I know when you have electricity you plug in and have your surge protector excetera, but when you are driving are you supposed to plug the black power plug plug into the rig so it charges the battery? I don't know if I'm asking the right way.
2nd question is, when my power goes off if a breaker blows from the power source and then I turn it back on my fuse box has a fan that goes on and the only thing that makes it turn off is clicking the little red light inside the front door. Is the noise in the fuse box a fan to cool it? And am I correct to hit the red button to turn it off?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Is your Four Winds a Sprinter Four winds? (Those are different from the Ford Four winds as far as battery charging.)

The switch inside the front door connects and disconnects the "house" battery--when off the house battery isn't providing power to the, er, "house". When the switch is on the fan you hear is from the converter charging the house battery (yes the fan is to cool the charger, is not a problem and can safely be ignored).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.