Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 03:51 PM   #18
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
The Palazzo is a diesel pusher, but I haven't seen it mentioned here. I believe it is the least expensive line of DPs from Thor. I have a Chateau class C, but have considered upgrading to a Palazzo with a similar floor plan.
The problem I had when looking is the Thor Palazzo, Winnebago Forza, the Forest River Legacy and a couple others have no towing capacity to speak of for a diesel pusher. The issue is the chassis and power train using an Allison 2500 trans which also limits the coach to the 340HP cummins engine.

I had posted a question about this on the forum earlier this year because I couldn't believe what I was seeing for towing capacity. With a Pallazzo I wouldn't be able to tow the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with V8 engine.

Don't automatically assume a Diesel Pusher can tow most anything because a bunch of them can't due to the chassis, engine and trans combination.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.