Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #13
Rangerover

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #19243
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAW2018SiestaSS View Post
Thank you, Dave. I'm looking at 2018 and earlier. The Motorhome guide says the Elantra in 2018 can be flat towed, manual transmission, no special requirements. I had thought about a Jeep, but I'm concerned about hitting max gross on the coach. The towing capacity is 5,000 pounds, but I'd like to stay under 3,000.

Curt

You might not have a 5000# tow capacity, they rate the hitch at that. My Sprinter class C has a GVWR rating of 11,030 lbs and a GCWR rating of 15,250 lbs. that means a tow rating of 4,220 lbs....and that’s if your Sprinter is not already overloaded which is VERY easy to do. I suggest pulling into a CAT scale sometime soon to weigh your rig, the first time I did I was 400 lbs over the allowed 11,030 lbs! I got serious about what I really didn’t need to carry!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.