Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 06:56 AM   #1
Bruce

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
Vegas/Axis TV Replacement

I have never been fond of the Seiki TV over the entrance nor with its location.

The Seiki in the rear lounge was replaced with a 32" Samsung as part my initial outfitting.

Thor did well with the mounting of the Seiki. Here are some pictures for those of you that have never taken it down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vegas Axis TV Mount.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1229

Name:	Seiki TV Back.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1230

The bracket in my Vegas is the type with two straps that you pull down to release the TV. I will give Thor credit for a simple secure mounting solution.

However, the TV mounted flush above the door is not optimum for viewing. I wanted a swivel to improve on this.

Master Mount swivel bracket from Camping World:

Name:	Master Mount.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1231

The Seiki is designed to fit perfectly in the allotted space. However, real TV's are not designed like the Seiki. I wonder if Seiki builds these to spec for the RV industry.

The Master Mount needed to be built out to accommodate my new Samsung 28". I considered a 32" but it would have been too tight a fit.

Name:	Camping World TV Swivel Mount.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1232

Name:	Samsung TV.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1233

As you can see I need to rig a retractor cord to pull the cables back when I store the TV.

I also added a bluetooth transmitter so I can output the Samsung's audio to the Axxera's speakers.

The front TV is connected via a Joey to my Dish Hopper located in the rear lounge. The Dish Hopper is also connected to the Axxera's rear input via RCA cables from the rear lounge.

The outside Seiki is connected via an HDMI cable to an HDMI splitter back at the Dish Hopper.

I also added an HD tuner as many of the classical music stations have switched their music format to HD sub channels.

Name:	HD Radio 2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	1234

Bruce

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.