Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #17
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandsmith View Post
That's the thing, if I press "Use" I hear the solenoid and all the 12V systems work. If I press "Use" again I hear the solenoid and nothing works. It's like the switch doesn't care if you are pressing it up or down (Use or Store), it just keeps changing from activated to deactivated.
That is the way it is supposed to work! It is a momentary switch.... not a toggle switch.

You press it once and it sends voltage to engage the relay so you have 12V in the coach and so your Converter / Charger can charge the house batteries.

You press it again and it disconnects the house batteries so they can not be drained from something while the coach is in storage.

If you look at your Step and Stepwell Light switch.... you can see they are toggle switches where one way it is "On" and the other way it is "Off" but the Use / Store switch is a momentary switch (even though they have Use on one end of the switch and store on the other end of the switch).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.