Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 01:10 AM   #4
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Seems like I was a bit late...but you've got it well under control from the sounds of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donblanco View Post
I have not seen this conduit. I have seen a mess of wires underneath the body, all running over to the compartment under the bed and sealed with a mass of foam spray.
Mine is a chateau so perhaps it's different...but I seriously doubt it. the conduit passes pretty close to where my converter is at the foot of the bed...If I remember correctly it would be under the second set of drawers. Pull the drawers out and the open end of it was back in there.... a rectangular tray a few inches wide and not very deep. Big enough to get a bunch of wires through.

Quote:
I'm going to run our solar wire direct to the controller in the left rear compartment. Maybe someday I'll tie in to the house system under the bed. Maybe...
So what will these batteries be powering then if not tied to the house?

Quote:
You mean out of the factory? If so, why did they then put most of the storage area back there?
well not from the factory "exactly", as the rig would have been empty.
But the balance on my rig in particular, and I suspect ALL of these long 30+ ft class C's on the E chassis, is not good. most numbers I've read on various forums are along the same lines....

I've weighed mine a few times now while on trips and with a typical load, full gasoline, full LP, family and stuff on board has mine flirting with the drive axle limit and over it a time or two. My load isn't abnormal I think.... We aren't even using all the interior cabinets and it's not packed to the gills...and my kids were very small the last time I weighed it.

Regardless..."why did they design it that way?"...well I can confidently say that they aren't doing any real engineering, or giving much thought into that sort of thing. I feel quite sure it's mostly driven by floorplans and squeezing things in where they can fit them. Folks want a rear bedroom... beds by their nature will have a lot of space under them... so there's a spot for storage or a tank. Grey tanks naturally go under the shower for simplicity, and showers will be towards the rear typically. etc....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum