Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 04:27 AM   #44
Edki45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: Texas
THOR #19026
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Sorry to be honest but I will be. The Axis handled terribly right off the dealer lot. Then again, so did the S.O.B. we bought that is on the 22k GVW F-53 chassis. On both, it required a severe investment of after market suspension parts to make them ride the way I needed them to. One thing I did not like about the Axis was the leaking front side windows. The only way to identify the source of the leak was to pay almost $2000 to remove them. Seems that the joint where the front cap meets the side wall was not sealed properly. Then there are the infamous Command Electronics leaky tail lights.... If you are good at the DIY aspect of RV ownership, you might be happy with an Axis. We had the 24.1 which was 25.5 feet in length.
Please tell me what you did about it sitting too low in the front. Neither Thor or Ford will do anything about it. Mine is sitting 3 in lower than Ford's Factory spec. Their answer is you have a house sitting on it is the reason that it is sitting too low. I have all of the specs from Ford that says it is supposed to be sitting 26in from the top frame to the ground front and rear with the Factory specified amount of weight. Mine is a lot less than that specification. Of course, this also throws the front end extremely out of line. I couldn't find anybody to align it in the North Central Texas area but since I've been a suspension and Alignment mechanic most of my life I corrected the toe which was out 3/32 of an inch. I set it at 1/8 of an inch in.
I have repaired several hundred of these but either Thor or Ford should have to do what is right.
Then I called Thor Motor Coach support about the way it handled and they said well maybe you are not used to driving a motorhome. I had already told them that I have been aligning and driving Class A Motorhomes and everything else that are legal on American Streets for over 45 years including my own five other motorhomes. I finally wound up resetting my toe from 3/32 of an inch out to 1/8 of an inch in. Haven't driven it since but I'm positive it will help keep me between the white lines on my trip to Arkansas next week. With installing Caster sleeves and raising the front end 3 in I am 99% positive it would make it almost perfect. And drive like the proverbial soccer moms van that they claim it drives like.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.