Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 11:45 AM   #27
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
yes, the last few trips have been a trial in trying to 'diagnose' when the 'leak' will appear, or at least when it will manifest itself - usually by the shear amount of constant dripping.

While I have stopped several times along the way to see if the dripping is happening 'while' driving, I've not found that to be the case in most all instances - it's only really taking place when we've stopped, and usually only when we've parked OVERNIGHT, especially when the temps have fallen into the mid to low 70s, and after the coach has 'cooled down'.

This certainly DOES seem to indicate a 'metal crack/opening' that is expanded, with heat, and closing up the hole, but then 'relaxing' with the lower temps, as things cool off, which is when the 'opening' is then exposed... the dripping then ensues.

Now, having said all that, and believing that I had realized that the pressure test also confirmed my suspicions, what caught me off guard was what happened when we finally DID arrive back to our RV Lot. NO MORE DRIPPING, NONE, EVEN SINCE WE'VE BEEN PARKED FOR OVER A WEEK.
My suspicions have now been 'un'confirmed!

Now, I'm not complaining that this is the case, as NOT having any radiator leak is certainly a GOOD thing, but now I'm wondering if 'something' happened to cause this sudden 'fix', or supposed fix.

'Could' it have been the residual 'stop leak' in the coolant, that the shop's pressure test somehow then 'lodged' into the culprit area, stopping the leak? Maybe. That's about my ONLY resolution, or thought, that 'could' be the case.

I guess I'm sticking with that thought.

Though, of course, on the next trip, we'll then 'see' if this theory holds up. : )

We'll certainly keep the forum abreast of what happens then. It's July, we've got 3 birthdays coming up in the early/middle of August, so I can imagine we might just 'take a little trip' to see someone(two sons, and a wife!) who this applies to...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum