Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 02:57 PM   #51
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I put a straight axle and leaf springs under my 24.1 front end.
Handles like a dream and no to little sway when passed or passing anything at any speed.
Pictures are somewhere in my signature thread.

When I went to deevers spring shop in Santa Ana California, I wanted very specific springs with very specific qualities. they measured, they countered, I conceded,. I came back in two weeks and they installed 7 leaf military Wraps on a 2dr 2001 blazer. They only have 400lbs of spring to them and about 14 inches of travel. Five inches of lift, underslung as they should be, not some stupid overaxle lift with lift blocks.
Same if I had wanted new coils in front. I'd say, they say, I'd have new springs.

You know how it works. Tell them the z height you're looking for, the spring rate you're looking for and have springs made. You know it's surpringly inexpensive.

I'll take a guess at 100,000 axis Vegas being made to date.
None have been scrapped due to handling issues.
Everyone has overcame or adapted.

I know you're frustrated. I'll accept that from a druggist or a book keeper.
You're the expert. Tell them what you want and make the spring shop make it to spec.
The thor/Ford z height thing is not going to ever get you raised three inches, Ford is not going to change spring rate and hangars for you and you're not getting the three inches with a toe job. I don't think there's three inches of droop in the entire suspension.

Design a working suspension and watch 100 or so vegas/axis people buy your kit.
You have an opportunity no one else has:
Fix the geometry the right way using your background, make some money by selling the kits.

The attached pictures are proof on both vehicles I've written of.
The top pic is the blazer spring pack
The bottom is the 24.1 spring pack.
(I don't know SQUAT{HA!} about springs and z Height and toe and caster. If I did this, imagine what you can do)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160421_111738~01.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	24648   Click image for larger version

Name:	0715191607b.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	24649  

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.