Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 06:22 PM   #4
Karenfleck

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #17285
Quote:
Originally Posted by twovillagers View Post
I have a 2019 Thor Vegas 24.1 with the Lippert One Control Wireless system.

I have had a continual problem with needing to reset the panel to make it function. A common condition would involve waking the unit with the black button and finding one of two things happen:

1) The One Control logo shows, but nothing else happens, or

2) All of the icons come up on the screen, but when I touch one, the screen goes dark and maybe or maybe not shows the One Control logo.

Doing a reset by holding the black button, or a hard reset through the small hole in front normally brings it back to normal. A couple of times I have had to stop power to the unit and turn power on again.

There is no pattern for this problem. It may happen twice in a day, or may not happen for three days. The One Control phone app always works.

Do I have a defective touch screen, a wiring problem or ??

I will probably have to call Lippert, but I am wondering if others have had this problem.
We have had tons of issues with our panel. Sometimes three icons, sometimes 9. Frequent resets. Fortunately, we can run all the controls using the One Control app on my iPad (had to do this in service bay at CW because THEY could not figure out how to extend the awning without a panel icon) When you email Lippert, you get this nonsensical answer.

In the event that one or more icons are missing from the One Control Touch Pad, we are going to need to look at the can bus network or the power supply going to the systems different controllers. The system has a series of multiple controllers based on what functions the OEM has decided to install inside the camper. These different controllers communicate through a Can bus network that daisy chains each of the control modules together. When looking at the can bus wire connections on the controllers, the connectors are generally labeled “CAN.” If the connector is not labeled, there will be two two-pin connectors that are side by side. If the can bus wire becomes loose or disconnected the icons on the panel will disappear. There are also terminating resistors at the beginning and the end of the chain. If the control modules lose power to them, this will also cause the icons to disappear. You will need to check the power to each of the controllers. In order to fix the missing icons, you will need to trace each of the can wires and find where the can wire has been damaged or disconnected. Once the connection is repaired, the icons will automatically reappear on the screen.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.