Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 11:59 AM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnxhc@gmail.com View Post

.....cut.....
The top of the slide(only on one side) is tilted to outside at a angle, at lease 4-5" from the the bottom, (please see attached picture). other side looks OK, it feels like the slide is stuck on something, but I checked inside many times and there is nothing there. .....cut......
At each end of the slide, the top and bottom are mechanically synchronized by one common shaft driven by one motor, so getting stuck may overload the motor at that end, but would not make it tilt that much unless there is also a mechanical failure. I’m not saying the problem may have not originated by getting stuck, but now the problem looks more involved.

Do you see any signs of gear teeth on racks that are worn off or broken? I’d start with a quick visual there, but expect you’ll need assistance to repair. That’s indeed a heavy slide to move manually unless you have a lot of people.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F822C13C-001D-4218-8419-3739F507EDE5.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	24706  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.