Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Propane fill up
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 12:49 AM   #15
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Extend a stay allows me to potentially, though I don't, carry two or three 20lb tanks in the rear basement. And I think the auto transfer switch can be adapted to a tank sitting on the ground or in the basement.
But.
I've measured my 24.1 for a larger single tank. I can easily with no mods, bolt a 50% larger tank in there and if I finish killing off my wet bay, I can mount a tank the size of the stock tank right there for two tanks where there is now but one.
The enclosure of the wet bay isn't needed. The stock tank can be moved forward enough to get a second one in there.
I looked hard, measured well, then got some miles to do a math check and then decided the cost of the tank wasn't worth having the extra propane.
This was the first mod I planned on for the 24.1.

We don't cook and we don't use the heater if we're at a park, so propane lasts us a surprising amount of time. The tank was $700ish and we don't use the tank we have in 19,000 miles.

(if you unbolt the fuse panels under the drivers seat in that bongo bin and move them slightly, I can fit a 80lb+- propane tank on that side.)
Take a good look, there isn't anything between the front wheel well and the gray tank valve which can't be easily moved. Swap the dump valves around a bit and you have another 11 inches.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum