Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 01:07 AM   #9
johnxhc@gmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport J34
State: California
THOR #17915
For me it is a real no brainier and although I consider myself handy I do know my limits

While waiting for them, I went to Jenks lake with my family for 4 hours walk,picnic and relaxing (attached), and went back to Campground when they arrived.

It took two professional guys two hours to push it in. They went over the roof, opened the weather seal, disconnected the motors and reconnected the motors, pushed the slide on track.... I also have to help them to push the slide control when both of them working
I don't believe I can do it for one month

They didn't push it by hand, they just correct the slide,track etc and use the motors to push the slide in.

The bottom line:
A lot of things are damaged, the track, the support, motor etc...

According to them, Thor is using the same hardware metal used for 10' slide out on my 29' slide, it is just not strong enough and it is badly designed.
It was the 3rd time they have to do this in 3 weeks.

It will be very expensive to fix it,but I do have extended warranty, it is suppose to cover those areas. But they don't cover this service call.

Now I can continue enjoying my stay here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
You chose the best course of action.
Calling someone with (hopefully) experience.

Some will say you gave up, I'll say you wised up.

My roadside assistance (I'm not sure which one, maybe my extended warranty) has some catastrophic clause, paying for a day or two of something somehow if the rv breaks.
I'm not sure, but you might want to take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
You chose the best course of action.
Calling someone with (hopefully) experience.

Some will say you gave up, I'll say you wised up.

My roadside assistance (I'm not sure which one, maybe my extended warranty) has some catastrophic clause, paying for a day or two of something somehow if the rv breaks.
I'm not sure, but you might want to take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200708_162713.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	24721   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200708_142603.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	24722  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200708_120206.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	24723   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200708_180501.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	24724  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum