Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross496 View Post
I’m new to camping and just picked up a Thor Hurricane and I’m having problems with the house battery’s charging. The battery’s will charge when the generator is running but if I start the motor on the rv the battery’s won’t charge. Also when the shore power is plugged in the battery’s won’t charge. I have checked and the converter is working. I reset the breaker in the bcc and that allowed the gen to charge but not shore or motor. Where do I start looking now? Thank you for any help.

Your Hurricane should change the house batteries in all 3 cases - shore power, generator, and engine.
For all 3, the Use/Store switch must be in the USE position, or the house batteries will be disconnected from any charging. (Just because interior lights are working when on shore power does not mean the switch is in USE...)
Shore and genny both use the converter to charge the batteries. The engine relies on the BCC to bring the house batteries into the circuit with the chassis for charging from the alternator. For genny to work, and shore/engine not to, the Use/Store switch position jumps out. If only engine didn’t work, then I would look at the BCC...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.