Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
External Generator Noise

I find the generator in my Magnitude SV34 not to be very noisy at all. It’s located more toward the front along with the exhaust exit so the noise is minimal in the bedroom. Not sure if the diesel version uses a different exhaust and cooling system than the gas versions.

If you are traveling in hot temps and humidity, I think a generator is a must to be able to run A/C. We have had a week of low to mid-90’s in PA so A/C is a must.

If you camp in places that don’t require A/C, then the generator becomes more of a luxury than a necessity. Given all the places we go, I want the generator.

If you want or need A/C when there isn’t shore power available, I think the generator is a must. By the time you add an Inverter large enough to run A/C, the batteries required and solar (or even an extra alternator) there is no net loss in weight.... and probably a weight gain.... if wanting to ditch a generator. And while the cost may be a wash if you sell the generator, the work involved would not be worth it in my opinion.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum