Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 05:30 AM   #17
johnxhc@gmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport J34
State: California
THOR #17915
Thank you! Slide support is definitely a good idea! I never thought about that. I will definitely get those when I have mine fixed!

I make quite a few calls to the RV repair shop, almost everyone told me that the new slide out has design issue. For mine, most track teeth are already worn out! and it is made of aluminum instead of steel! one shop will only give me 90 days warranty after the repair because of bad design & material
They told me the old slide out is way better.

One thing they told me is you need to make the RV level before you push out the slide out. If make a lot of sense given the material they use on the slide out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Thanks for all of the information and the updates! Glad you got the slide in and could still enjoy vacation.

It is a little disconcerting to hear the techs say the hardware was not designed to handle a slide of that size. I have a similar size slide on my 2020 Magnitude so I will be making sure to listen for the start of any issues as I extend and retract my slide over time.

I saw from your picture you have the 3Trax slide system like I do. They were supposed to be designed for large slides but apparently they are not designed as rugged as they could be.

I have a couple adjustable slide supports from my last coach but haven't used them yet with the Magnitude. I felt like the slide does not extend very far so torquing would not be as much of a problem. I may think about trying the slide supports when I am on a solid pad next time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.