Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 12:09 AM   #22
johnxhc@gmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport J34
State: California
THOR #17915
I don't blame you the layout is just so much better with full wall slide out!

I did try to location where was the noise coming from but could not find anything.

Is it possible for you to show us where is the screw we need looking for ? A picture will be great!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I had a 2017 Thor ACE. I had to replace 4 slide motors during that ownership. Every time, and I mean every time the motor failure was caused by a screw head from the Schwintek rail. Thor uses self tapping screws to attach those rails and they have a tendency to work loose. If they move out far enough the motor will catch one and bend the head and screw up the motor. If you hear any type of crunch or unusual noise when you are putting the slide in or out stop immediately! Check the rails for any kind of abrasion or bending of the screw head. Remove it. Check all of the screws ASAP. I found that half of them were loose. After this happened a third time I removed all the screws and replaced them with Stainless Steel screws and loctite. The next year I got lazy and didn't check the screws and sure enough when I was in Wyoming this year, I heard a crunch, the slide would not move. Looked at the rails and there was a bent screw head. One that I had loctited in. I was able to get the slide half way in, drove it to Salt Lake City and traded it in on a new coach.
I told them at General RV I would never buy a coach with a full wall slide again. Fell in love with a Miramar and bought it. Of course it has a full wall slide and one of the rail screws had a bent head. I had them replace it. I am definitely a glutton for punishment. We'll see.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum