Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 05:31 PM   #4
Garyj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #5529
OK. I looked more carefully at the alternator voltage "signal" to the IDR. When I disconnect the IDR at the connector the voltage at the connector reads 14.2v, same as the alternator voltage. When I plug it back in to the connector the voltage drops to about 13.6v. That's technically enough to activate the IDR (13.3) but there's not much margin and that could be why my problem is intermittent. There's no way that little IDR can be drawing enough to drop the voltage by .5v unless there's some resistance somewhere in the line. Looks like I will have to run a new wire from the engine compartment. Anyone know where this wire would plug into the chassis electrical system? it doesn't show battery voltage when the engine is off so it must be a switched source.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum